The Batteries European Partnership (BATT4EU), a co-programmed partnership under Horizon Europe, has just adopted its Strategic Research & Innovation Agenda (SRIA). The partnership aims to achieve a competitive and sustainable European industrial value-chain for e-mobility and stationary applications. The initiative gathers the European Commission and the Batteries European Partnership Association (BEPA), which regroups all the battery stakeholders from the European research community.
To achieve its objectives, the SRIA covers six key R&I areas that need to be addressed to improve the competitiveness and sustainability of the European battery sector:
- R&I Area 1: Raw materials and Recycling
- R&I Area 2: Advanced materials and manufacturing
- R&I Area 3: Battery end-uses and applications
- R&I Area 4 – Cross-cutting: Safety
- R&I Area 5 – Cross-cutting: Sustainability
- R&I Area 6 – Cross-cutting: Coordination
More information in this link.