From October 6th and until March, 8th 2023 the 2022 MSCA Staff Exchanges call will be open. MSCA Staff Exchanges fosters scientific collaboration by financing the mobility and exchange of staff between academic and non-academic institutions.
Staff Exchanges fund short-term international and intersectoral exchanges of staff members involved in research and innovation activities of participating organizations. All disciplines are eligible to participate. The aim is to develop sustainable collaborative projects between different organizations from the academic and non-academic sectors (in particular SMEs), based in Europe and beyond. Exchanged staff benefit from new knowledge, skills and career development perspectives, while participating organizations increase their research and innovation capabilities.
Who can apply for staff exchanges? International consortia of universities, research institutions, companies, SMEs and other non-academic organizations that meet the following requirements:
- That the consortium consists of at least three organizations in three different countries, two of which must be located in a different EU Member State or in a Horizon Europe associated country, fulfilled this minimum, participation of organizations from any country is possible.
- If all participating organizations are from the same sector (academic or non-academic), at least one must be from a non-associated third country.
Individual staff members are selected by their sending organizations to participate in the planned exchanges. They have to fulfil the following requirements:
- Research staff at any stage of their careers, from doctoral candidates to postdoctoral researchers, as well as administrative, technical and management staff involved in research and innovation activities.
- Of any nationality
- Must have been associated with research and innovation activities in their home organization for at least one month prior to the start of mobility
- Must return to their home organization after the mobility stay to transfer their knowledge and foster collaboration.
What does the funding cover? Staff exchange projects can last up to 4 years. The grant finances the mobility of mobilized staff for a period of 1 month to 1 year. The mobilized staff should return to their home institution after the stay to transfer the acquired knowledge. The mobilized staff receives, in addition to their organization’s salary, an allowance for travel, accommodation and living expenses. In addition, if applicable, they also receive special needs allowances. Furthermore, funding is received to carry out research, training and networking activities, as well as for management and indirect costs.
For more information on MSCA Staff Exchanges and the application process, please see this website.