The 2022 Work Programme of the European Innovation Council has just been published. It includes the following calls:
- EIC Pathfinder: it funds the research activities of multidisciplonary equipments which have a disruptive nature. The Pathfinder Open 2022 opens on 1 March and closes on 4 May. The EIC Pathfinder Challenges 2022 open on 15 June and close on 19 October.
- EIC Transition: it aims to scale up the results of research projects and transform them into business oportunities. The calls close on 4 May and 28 September.
- EIC Accelerator: its goal is to support SMEs and Start-ups so they can scale their high-impact innovations into the market and lead these markets. There are three closing dates: 23 March, 15 June and 5 October.
All projects approved by the EIC have access to the Business Acceleration Services. It is a tool which, among its ample catalogue of services and events, provides the support of coaches and mentors, facilitates the exchange of knowledge, as well as business collaboration opportunities with companies and investors.
The main novelties for 2022 are:
- EIC Scale-Up 100: A tool to identify the 100 most promising technological companies.
- Investments above 15 million euro in equity
- Increased support to innovative women:
- Gender and diversity Index: to provide information to investors, financiers, clients and policy makers.
- Innovative Women Award: there will be three for the most inspiring innovative women and three other for innovative women under 35 years old with the biggest projection.
In addition, there will be an Infoday on the EIC on 22 February.